Monday, October 1, 2012

Alone with my thoughts...

       It is dangerous to be alone with your thoughts, just ask my burnt quesadilla that i was making while thinking that today is October 1st. Infant and pregnancy loss awareness month is upon us. Don't get me wrong it is great that these lives are being remembered and recognized but it just rips my heart open all over again. My son would be 5 next month. We would be planning his birthday party and enjoying his last year in preschool, he would be learning to ride a bike and asking us questions and climbing into our bed when he had a bad dream. But he isn't here, he died on July 25 2007 and we will never get those moments with him. They say you never know how much you love something or someone until you lose them/it. Well you never realize how fragile life is until you lose your child. You never know how you can mourn for years on end while still having to live.
       I have been blessed though, some people would say "How can you do it?" "I wouldn't have been able to get through that" well for awhile I didn't think i could either but i have and i still mourn and love and dream of that little brown eyed boy but I also live. I live for my living children, the ones who hold my heart everyday. Even when they test my patience, argue, fight and cry I love them so unconditionally and appreciate them even more than they know. They will never know their brother and that breaks my heart, but they have each other and I am so grateful I have these two beautiful kids to wake up with everyday.
     I started writing this post to vent but I want to tell everyone who reads this to please kiss those babies and hold them tight and let them know that you love them even when they test your patience and get on your last nerve. <3
                                                       ~Kyle Ethan Gillespie 07/25/07~

No comments:

Post a Comment